Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Our Secret Confessions

Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus...

The age old saying that basically states that we are both different. Men like one thing and Women like something else. There is an invisible line that cannot, and will not, be crossed. However, do you know how deep that line runs?

Guys need to put up the persona that we are real men. Men who don't like movies about romance, we can't dress ourselves properly, we don't listen to Justin Timberlake or Britney Spears, and we absolutely don't cry when watching movies!

Well guess what.....

The line I spoke of earlier is more of a guideline than a line written in stone. Each and every guy has a secret love for something that is thoroughly enjoyed by the opposite sex. For example, I love Britney Spears new song "If You Seek Amy", I liked the Notebook, I cried at the end of sappy sad movies like "Nights in Roadanthe", and most importantly I love shopping for new clothes.

Does that make me less of a man?! Does this mean I'm in touch with my feminine side? Does this make me a metro sexual?!

No. I'm a real man, albeit a man who just confessed to my readers a secret that every man has. We like chick stuff (from time to time).

I'm not ashamed to tell you that. Your man might be afraid to admit it he does though. So here's my Olive Branch. To break this mold, on your next "date night" get a sappy chick flick, a nice glass of Merlot, light a candle, and cuddle with him in bed.

While you're watching the movie, look for the signs of his sweating eyes. When the movie gets to the moment of sheer sadness, see if he looks up at the ceiling or makes a joke about the movie and how corny it is. He's doing this to keep his eyes from letting loose.

Give him a hug ans say, "It's okay to cry. It's not your fault" Repeat this unitl he breaks down. (A concept stolen from Robin Williams in "Good Will Hunting".)

Every man has a soft side, and when he shows you that soft side, understand that he's completely and utterly yours. Embrace it and thank your lucky stars you have a guy who isn't afraid to show it.

Just a side note. If you want to keep that soft side around, don't let his buddies know about it. Bad, bad, bad idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment