Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Lending Hand Answers

A reader of mine commented on my "Out With The Old, In With The New" blog, so I decided I would answer her comment.

ItsJessicaRhoads said,

"A very simple way to avoid this entire scenario from recurring is to stop talking about your ex.

There's no reason your girlfriend should know that much information about your ex in the first place. What is the point of talking about your ex's favorite restaurant, movies you saw together, special dates... and worst of all, sexual playlists & baby names? Are you serious? Regardless of whether or not they nag or complain to you about it, nobody wants to hear that kind of unnecessary information. After offering up all those irrelevant and intimate details, you're lucky that your girlfriend has stuck around long enough to give you a hard time about it."

You have to remember, it's not like guys are willing to tell their girlfriends these things. Girls need to have full disclosure on prior girlfriends. Why? I don't know. Please fill me in on that one. They have a sixth sense for being able to identify if a guy been somewhere or seen something before with a love of the past.

I don't know if it's a feeling you have, a hair standing on the back of your neck, or just psychic powers, but when I step into a place that I've been with my Ex, my current girlfriend just knows. Once she knows, she pounces! The questions come flying in and each question demands more and more granularity. One thing leads to another and you're telling her you guys had names for unborn children. Brain Ninjas!

I can't help but be honest. I could lie to her but we both know that she knows, that I know, that she knows, that I'm lying. And if you didn't know, I'm a lover, not a lair.

If she didn't want to know, she didn't have to ask. But she, like majority of other girls (I base this on no scientific facts whatsoever), want to know answers to such questions as, "Did you come here before with her?", and "Did you already see this movie with someone?". You're just asking me to see if I tell you the truth! But we all know that you know the answer before you ask it.

I know there are girls out there, like ItsJessicaRhoads, that are girlfriend outliers. They do the opposite of most girls, which make girls like her are anomalies. However most girls that I have run across like to have all the information they can get, and that will end up burning the relationship down the road. He's with you, not her. Let it go.

Just leave it be. If it were up to guys they would never tell you. You think guys want to have conversations of past girlfriends with current ones? Us guys just want to enjoy the moment with you and without all the questions of ghosts of girlfriends past.

No comments:

Post a Comment