Monday, April 27, 2009

Mother do you hear me?

"You're such a momma's boy!" I hear that phrase almost every time I'm sick, hungry, or in an ear shot of my mother.


I'll admit, I love my mother but I am in no way a momma's boy. Is it a crime that my mom knows how to make me feel better when I'm sick? Is it a crime that my mothers food knows how to make me feel at home? Is it a crime that she folds my sleeves up when I reach across the dinner table so I don't get my shirt dirty?


Okay, so that last one was kind of a crime, but in my defense, I always say, "MOM! Really?! Stop." Then she gives me those motherly eyes and my manly heart just melts.


If this sounds like your boyfriend, chances are he is a bit of a momma's boy. However, you should know that it isn't his fault. She was the one who raised him and took care of him when he was sick, hungry, and when he scraped his knee on the ground when playing tag in the backyard.


It's not that you won't do the same. You're there when he falls and hurts himself and you're there when hes sick and needs a wet cloth on his forehead. The difference is you get mad at him for his failures, while his mom accepts his failures without bitching.


Don't worry, your man still loves you. You'll just have to come to terms that your man, has two great loves of his life. You and his Mother. I know, it sucks but the sooner you deal with it, accept it, and embrace it, the easier life will be. It's not like you can remove her from his life for good.

Look at it this way, at least he comes from a loving family. Which is always better than coming from a broken home of hate and alcohol.

No comments:

Post a Comment